Image Map

Monday, July 23, 2012

♡ July Haul + Mini-Review on Mint Julep Masque + Vacation Post Coming Up ♡

HELLOGUYS. ❥ Ignore super un-combed hair. (It grew about 10 1/2 inches in less than a year!)

 This is actually my first ever haul (for a blog) to be honest. I am completely new when it comes to blogging and all things that go into it, but I hope that I can do so well. As the majority of you should know, collective hauls usually involve with products that I have picked up throughout a certain time frame. Since I haven't actually done huge shopping sprees in like a few stores and just picking up a few things at multiple stores, I have decided that a collective haul would be a much better choice.
 I have used each product or have worn one of the clothing/accessories from this month. Therefore, I am going to give mini-reviews on several products. Not all because some of them simply do not need explaining or I have decided to avoid it for now. Forgive me if there was something in particular you wanted to know about; I could get back to it later.

 Right now I'm on vacation in Jeykll Island, so all these pictures are being taken here.


   ❤ Quick side note: I will attempt making this blog super picture heavy so you guys won't just be consuming a whole bunch of words. Plus, pictures make everything better ~

I bought these bad boys. c: I have an obsession with ying yang symbols.


  Here's many of almost every product/accessory that I have purchased so far this month. I apologize if something is not clear enough for you.
 If not, ask me any question. I'm nice, trust me. Q^Q
 This picture contains the following items: Queen Helene's The Original Mint Julep Masque, a pair of motorcycle glases from New York & Company, Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in Dark, Maybelline's Lash Stiletto in Dark Brown, a ying and yang bracelet purchased in Jeykll Island, a Capricorn bracelet purchased in Jeykll Island, a ying and yang mood ring also purchased in Jeykll Island, 
REVLON COLOURBURST 002 Crystal Lilac, Finishing Touch SMILE Whitening Pen, Burt's Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm, Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne Control

Items not in the image: 
O.P.I Nail Lacquer "I Don't Give A Rotterdam!", 
Hick's Edges (Sample)

Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque 
  I went to the beauty salon with my mom a couple of days ago to pick up clip-in hair extensions, and while I was visiting, I took time to look around the store. I ran into this product which I've been hearing loads of good reviews on, and I had to purchase it. I don't have many problems with my face what-so-ever; in all honesty it's pretty clear. Just occasionally I'll have a small pimple here and there, and several (also very small) scars from previous pimples I've accidentally popped. Basically, I have pretty good skin for the EXCEPTION of my damned nose. Excuse the language but, I have blackheads located there that seem like they're holding on a bit too tight. Scrubbing my nose gently with warm water and soap just doesn't seem to do it and I've had them for about a few good years. Thankfully, they aren't noticeable unless you're way too close in my face. 

Anyway, enough with the condition of my face.
 So yeah, I've purchased this cute little pooty. c:
The product.. Er. I guess my expectations were too high or something around the lines of that. The process of putting on the mask was TOO FUN THOUGH. So much fun it was becoming close to insanity. That's really just due to my personality but whatevz. I even took some super sexy photos to share with you all.
An example of way too much fun.
 You're supposed to apply this mask all over you face and neck yet avoiding your eye-area. After 15 minutes or so, you remove the mask with warm water and a wash cloth. At first I was like, "er wat is life". A few minutes later, I actually realized that my face was a little softer and smoother than it usually is. I guess I'm just not all "WHOO-HOO" about it because my expectations were once again, too high. Nonetheless, I will still continue to use this product. It isn't bad at all; it may just be my skin type. I just wish that it removed a lot more blackheads.

Pros 
                                                                           Cons  

 Slightly brightens skin complexion                                                           Doesn't remove blackheads well
 Tingles - It feels like it's working                                                               Turns colors (Just creeps me out)

 Smells like mints! (Obviously)
 
  -- This was purchased at one of my local beauty store

 Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream 
I do not know how to explain how I feel about this product really, so I'll attempt explaining how I feel about this right now.

...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE~ THIS PRODUCT. ALL DA WAY SRSLY, OMG.
  ...Okay. I'm really fond of k-pop, so I've known about BB Cream for a long while and I've always wanted to try it out some day. (I am aware of that BB Cream was first invented in Europe ((I think Germany specifically but I'm not completely sure)) As soon I heard about several brands like Smashbox, Maybelline and many more beginning to sell them in local stores around America, I just flipped. I needed this. I'm not going to do a review on this now because this post is already quite lengthy. Maybe later when I'm real bored; I really recommend this product if you're looking for an face product that's really light and feels absolutely nice. It's also really cheap.
 I'm using BB Cream instead of liquid foundation for probably a long time. The BB Cream doesn't cover absolutely every blemish and acne scar, but that's what concealer is for.
 This product successfully makes my face look all dewy and cute without it being all greasy like, which is a great plus. I just adore this to the max.
   
-- I purchased this product at my local drugstore

 NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil Dark Brown 

 I absolutely love this automatic brow pencil. It's probably one of the best ones I've had in a while. While I was in my beauty supply store, I ran into NYC eyebrow pencils and lip glosses. I was so shocked because I've never actually ran into a NYX product, so I picked up the darkest brown pencil and just bought it without even thinking about it. c:
   -- Purchased at a local beauty supply store


Dress #1 Purchased at Macy's 
Excuse the fatness, LOL.
 This dress is rather adorable. I love the cut and the lacey-fabric located on the back of the dress. It gives a cutesy feel and it's rather casual.

O.P.I Nail Lacquer "I Don't Give A Rotterdam!" 
Image does not belong to me.
 Honestly, the color was much cuter in the bottle than on my nails. It's still pretty adorable, but not like mega-adorable. This nail varnish needs about three coats just to reach full opacity. I made a cute little penguin face on my thumbs after the first three coats of this varnish dried, but I unfortunately messed up their faces. Therefore, I'm too embarrassed to actually take a picture of my nails because it's just rather hideous and I was not motivated enough to restart. I'd recommend this if you like really "simple" (couldn't think of another term) look on your nails. It looks super glittery in the bottle (which I was hoping it wasn't on your nails). It really isn't. The little sparkles are real subtle. 
   -- Purchased at my local grocery store


 REVLON COLORBURST 002 Crystal Lilac 
  I don't have a separate picture of this lip gloss, but it is shown in the picture of all the (almost) all the products above. Actually, buying this was an accident. I still like it a lot anyway. At first, I didn't like the lavender/lilac tint to it (even though lavender/lilac was my favorite color, I just didn't think pinky-lavenders would suit my skin tone).  Then, I purchased Burt's Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm. Oh god, how I love it so. What I do with this lip gloss is apply this to the center lips after applying the lip balm. It turns out super adorable and it I think it looks great on me!

 Coral Long-Sleeved Shirt from Victoria's Secret 
Face was too derpy. What kind of pose was this? I don't know but yeah.
 I absolutely adore this. It was supposed to be 44 bucks, but it was on sale; 20% off or something like that. I'm so glad I purchased this one instead of the other colors because honestly the coral color was prettier. Though, if there was a lavender one then I would have purchased that instead LOL. The quality of it is great and it's ridiculously soft. 

 Burt's Bees Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm 
  This is my first tinted lip balm. Of course, I've had plenty of lip balms in the past and a couple now, but this lip balm is just something else. I love it so much; I can't even. It's almost the same color of my lips though LOL. It's just slightly more on the red-pink side. 



 Anyway, all the other things are okay. I think I'll edit I'll have a separate post on the BB Cream and the second dress I bought from Macy's in another post. The upcoming posts will involve what I just mentioned and my vacation in Jeykll Island. I am hoping to have a review on my first pair of circle lenses as well and these clip-in extensions I have purchased too! c:
annyeonghi ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...